Monday, August 6, 2012

Baked Fish With Ajwain(kitchen king)



We visited California during Christmas vacation. The main focus of our trip this time was meeting our friends. Apart from enjoying a lot in their company, I also learnt many things from each one of them. Everyone treated us with such delicious homemade food.

This particular dish was served to us at our friends Mehnaz and Hardeep’s home. They made this delicious baked fish with salmon. When I tasted this first,I immediately noticed a very pleasant spice which I never use in fish dishes. They said it was ajwain. I could not stop going for seconds and thirds. I normally prefer eating fish with rice/rotis, so when they served as starter, I had my own doubts. But V and I loved this dish. When I came back, I made this with tilapia (because that is what I had in my freezer). I am sure this will taste great with any other fishes.

If you do not have oven, heat a tava and shallow fry the pieces.

The measurements given in this recipe are approximates, use all ingredients according to your own taste.

Ingredients:
2 big fish fillets
1 tea spn chilli powder
A pinch turmeric
1/2 tea spn garam masala
1 tea spn ginger-garlic paste
1/2 tea spn amchoor powder
1/4 tea spn ajwain(carom seeds)
Salt

Method:
Apply all the ingredients to fish pieces and leave it aside for 30mins.
Preheat oven at 300F. Bake the fish till done.
Serve hot with or without lemon.

Serves : 2
Perparation time : 5mins + baking time.

No comments:

Post a Comment